Air Berlin's Service To LAX And SFO.

submitted by Netjetsintl

I understand this is a seasonal service from DUS...

can someone tell me what dates the flights will run, and if Air Berlin will return to LAX and SFO next year??

Anybody know how Air Berlin performed on their California flights?

thanx

all comments

1. LAXintl

Flights are essentially charter like and have operated going back since the 1970s under the LTU banner. Loads as result are close to 100%. For example LAX thru July saw 94.6%LF.

Last SFO last flight this year is October 18th, and October 31st for LAX.

To my knowledge they have not published their S12 schedule yet.

2. MHG

Due to new mangement at AB its somewhat unpredictable whether or not they┬┤ll serve SFO/LAX next year. But my guess is - yes - since loads were pretty healthy (and at such a high LF yields should be relatively healthy too ...)

3. Netjetsintl

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 1):

Flights are essentially charter like and have operated going back since the 1970s under the LTU banner. Loads as result are close to 100%. For example LAX thru July saw 94.6%LF.

Ah so that's what it was. I remember seeing LTU at LAX since I was a child, but not Air Berlin. That's why i'm asking

thanks for the info guys.... with those loads looks like they'll be back next year

4. reifel

AB has still not published their Summer 2012 schedule for long haul. It's just a guess but I think with the new management and especailly the preparation in Oneworld membership and codeshares they're already starting now with AA they are heavily planning...

It's very bad for them starting to sell so late, as people can book i.e. flights for May 2012 since May 2011 with other carriers... They need to get rid of this "we wait until a specific date to open the whole winter/summer schedule for next year" and rather open it day by day some 350 days before as most other airlines do it...

No clue if they will keep SFO and LAX that said...

5. Netjetsintl

Quoting reifel (Reply 4):

No clue if they will keep SFO and LAX that said

Hoping they'd keep LAX at least... SFO might be a tough sell with LH and UA flying between SFO and FRA/MUC and LH operating the A380 on top of that.

cheers

6. as739x

Quoting Netjetsintl (Reply 5):

UA/LH fly to FRA/MUC. AB fly's to DUS. Different markets. It hasn't appeared to change their numbers at all. San Francisco is especially well toured by Germans and no doubt can support all these carriers. Everything I have heard here locally is they will return next year.

7. LAXintl

They appear to have loaded their summer 2012 schedule, however who knows if its truly final with the "strategic" review they are undergoing.

LAX returns 3x weekly eff May 15 SFO returns 2x weekly eff May 19

8. Netjetsintl

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 7):

They appear to have loaded their summer 2012 schedule, however who knows if its truly final with the "strategic" review they are undergoing.

LAX returns 3x weekly eff May 15 SFO returns 2x weekly eff May 19

Ha, thanks LAXintl... great news indeed...